Sunday, June 12, 2011

Gastric bypass on my mind ...

 Okay . So I have a previous post where im talking about I dont know whether to get the lap band or Gastric bypass.  Altho my mind was set on lap band because the idea of it sounds so wonderful .. my mind keeps going back to the bypass. Heres the reasons why after MUCH MUCH thought and for ME and my life and family .. im thinking gastric bypass would be the best option.
 I dont like the idea of having a device inside me .
 I dont want to deal with fills and Pbing , sliming, slippage, being too tight  or any of the other things that come with lap band.
I dont want to lose my weight slowly and I dont want to cut out carbs completely . I like carbs. I FEEL like i should be able to eat healthy and still lose weight . Rather than not eating this or that and really struggling to keep the food down.
 The gastric bypass recovery isnt as long as i thought it was so thats a huge PLUS for me !!
With the bypass ITS DONE !! All i need to do is live and keep my protein up .
I want a lIFE change . I think some people the band because its reversible . I dont want reversible. I want forever.
 SO far this is the best option for ME . The idea of the lap band just keeps getting further and further away from me .
  Ive made some great lap band friends that are doing very well but its just not for me .
So i will start my " new" gastric bypass journal today !! =)

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Memphis! I too am on the fence now about the Lapband. I have been doing so much research and reading so many blogs and forums on Lapband and now I'm reconsidering my decision. I'm now looking into the gastric sleeve because my surgeon will no longer perform the bypass. Looks like I have new research to do on the sleeve :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ! Thank you for reading my blog ! I totally understand how you feel and what you may be thinking !! haha After much research i decided it just wasn't for me either. =)
    The SLeeve is suppose to be AMAZING !! My insurance wont cover it so I gotta stick with the bypass. But keep in touch ! I would love to see your progress!! =)

    ReplyDelete